Monday, January 5, 2009

Cooking Light

By the way, we went crazy with the Cooking Light recipes from last month (the one with the awesome chocolate things on front - did you ever make those Jen?) Anyway, the salmon with the chili sauce was awesome and I don't like salmon. Eli liked that was served with the soba noodles - although he kept calling them spaghetti. We also made the chicken calzones - very good and very easy. We made broccoli with that. And we made the bow tie pasta with the chicken sausage and cauliflower which I really liked but I don't think Andrew was too crazy about. Eli liked it too. We got the yellow cauliflower. Oh and we made the lentil and edamame stew too which was really really good - although I really love lentils and edamame too. Oh and we also made the black bean soup - because we had leftover ham from Christmas. That was a bit too spicy for me but Andrew and Eli liked it. I don't think I've ever made so many recipes from one issue of Cooking Light before. But they were good. And it was fun looking through it - I look through it with Eli and pick out stuff the beginning of the week. Definitely planning a week of meals helps so much in not getting takeout or stressing out about dinner. Okay, that's it from here. Oh, and if anyone's interested in the recipes and doesn't get Cooking Light - you can get them online. Just ask if you're interested and I'll give you the exact name of the recipe - or just type in the keywords and find the recipe from this past issue. Happy Eating!

No comments: