Hi all,
I'm so proud of the way everyone has gotten back on the blog. Way to go. I thought it was going to fizzle.
I've been doing a pretty good job at keeping up with my goals. I've been going to that Dailey Method class twice a week. It is so hard. I'm shaking after the first 5 minutes. But they say that's a good thing and my muscles are working. I've also been to my other class (the core strength one) every Sunday. She had a special day after Christmas class that I went to as well. It felt good to work off some of the giant meal. I went to Tahoe for 5 days, so some of the classes were on hold, but I skiied for two days and my muscles certainly were working. We did stop at McDonalds both directions though because we wanted playlands for Noah to work off some of his car energy. (The ride home took us 9+ hours because of the snow!!!) It had been a long time since I had McDonalds.
I did make those chocolate things from CL for Christmas dessert. They didn't come quite like the picture - not gooey inside. But they were very good. I have to admit that I used eggs instead of substitutes, because the substitute at the store had already expired. Not really sure how they were exactly light then. Except that they were in individual small ramkins that allowed for no leftover, so that made them somewhat better on the health front. No one renewed my CL subscription for this year (usually someone gives it to me for Christmas), so I might just buy it off the shelf or just use the internet. And I totally agree about the planning meals. The more I plan, the better I am at resisting take out. I've done a somewhat good job in the last 6 months or so of making some meals and freezing them, so if I remember to pull them out to thaw the night before then we have a nice healthy meal with little prep and cleanup. Always a bonus!
Keep up the good work!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment