Sunday, November 9, 2008

First post

Hey guys - I've been thinking about how to stop myself from endless junkfood binging and making up excuses not to excercise and I was thinking a great way woould be to simply write it out for my friends and family to see and maybe that would give me incentive to try harder to get in shape. Then I was thinking it would be fun if all of us (or anyone who wanted to) could all post things about what they're doing (or not) to stay in shape - new excercises, recipes, motivation, etc. And maybe it would motivate us all to try more - or at least make us feel better about not being the only person to snag two pieces of cake the night before! So here's my blog. I've made you all authors so you can write whatever you want whenever you want. And if you're bored, you can always check out the site. Or you can just ignore it. My goal is to keep it up to date on at least me - and I think maybe writing what I do on a regular basis will help me be better about eating better and excercising. We'll see . . .

4 comments:

Amanda said...

hey deb- thanks for the invite! i dont know if this is at all possible for you, or maybe it's something you already do, but could you try pretending, as much a possible, that you dont have a car? i havent been making a REAL (or, actually, ANY effort) effort to exercise for a very long time now. and it makes me sad. but the one thing that makes me feel slightly better about it is that i do walk a lot. i know if i actually had a car, i would not be able to pretend i dont and i would always just drive everywhere because it is so much easier. and i am sure having 2 kids doesnt make this an easy option. but, something to think about, i guess.

Deb said...

Good idea. Maybe I'll walk the kids to the supermarket today. (I was actually thinking of doing that even before I read this, but now maybe I'm more convinced!)

abby said...

Yeah, I totally agree with the walking thing. I was dead-set against exercising yesterday. I just really didn't feel like it at all, but after walking to the movies on Friday night - noticed a slight difference in the shape of my leg, so walked to Harv. Sq. on Saturday to run some errands and felt so much better for getting some fresh air and movement, than I think I would have even felt from going to the indoor basement gym, which will motivate me to go to the gym another day, if that makes any sense. Mixing things up, I guess so it never gets boring.

Deb said...

Okay so I walked to the supermarket. It was a really nice walk and the kids seemed to like it - Eli in the stroller, Harper on my chest. But it's really hard to do any real shopping with a stroller - I carried a basket while pushing the stroller and ended up with only 2 bags - one which I could fit in the undercarriage of the stroller and one I carried home. It wasn't bad but I don't know how people with kids and no car do food shopping. Good idea though Amanda. Thanks!