Sunday, November 9, 2008

November 9

Okay, here's my first real post. I'll do a weekend recap. Saturday morning I was feeling good. I actually was pretty good about no junk food all week - I brought a turkey, cheese, and spinach sandwich, grapes and yogurt to work each day and didn't buy one candy bar even though I had a dollar in my walled just screaming at me to use it at the vending machine. That is a huge deal because lately I've been buying a candy bar a day - no good.

OH wait, but on Tuesday, I had to stop at Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee because I didn't have time to make mine at home and I was going to go to the drive through because then I wouldn't be tempted to buy any donuts but the line was long. So I parked and went in, repeating to myself "don't buy any food, you're not hungry. Don't buy any food, you're not hungry." And then I saw they had the munchkins with those little sprinkles on them and that ended it. I figured I'd buy a box of 25 for the office (to celebrate election day - yeah) and that's what I did. Of course I ate most of them. Bad bad bad. But after that day, I was better.

Although Wednesday, while flipping through Cooking Light with Eli to pick a recipe to make that night, he spotted a cake with merigne frosting and said he wanted that. So, of course, that is what I made for dinner - more or less. We baked cupcakes. But at least they were Cooking Light. After we each ate one, I packed up all the cupcakes except for 6 and sent them to Andrew's work the next morning. There's one left now which I will probaby throw away.

By the way, if anyone gets Cooking Light, there's a really great fish recipe in their superfast section with cilantro, toasted coconut and curry. It said to use flounder, but I used tilapia instead because it was cheaper. And I didn't have curry powder so I used garam masala. It was delicious. We had some broccoli and couscous and it was a great meal. (and a cupcake after.)

Friday night, we went to an African restaurant which was great. I figure African food must be lowfat since they're all skinny over there, right? And Eli loved it too because you pick up the food with this spongy bread instead of utensils.

Saturday morning, Andrew said we were going to the Y - they have child care. I was a little reluctant but decided now was as good a time as ever to work out so we went. I walked 5 minutes, ran 30 and then walked 5. It felt awesome. I was thinking the whole time that I'm going to do this regularly and start doing some sit-ups too because my stomachs pretty flabby. But this was a great start. I had a turkey melt for lunch which Andrew made - it was great. And some grapes. And a cupcake. And then we went to our friends birthday party - the triplets - and it kind of all fell apart there. Lots of snacky food and then 2 cakes - chocolate and ice cream. I had a slice of each. So did Eli. And in an effort to keep him from eating so much cake, I ate a bunch of his ice cream cake slice too. Not good. Oh well.

This morning, Andrew made a big breakfast of bacon, eggs and potatoes. and then I helped myself to leftover bacon about an hour ago. My plan is to run tonight after I put the kiddos to sleep around 8. Hopefully, next time I post, I can say I did that. :)

No comments: