So, a friend of mine, a couple of years ago advised me to eat small meals throughout the day to keep my energy up and to speed up my metabolism. I can't say that I subscribe to it completely these days or even closely,but want to get back to it. I will say that when I was doing it - my energy level was way higher, I was never starving, never that "overly-full tired" feeling. I was trying to lose weight, so he suggested 300 calorie meals every 3 hours - 5 a day, but if you're just maintaining, I'm guessing you should up that to 400 for 2000 calories a day. So, for example, you could eat at 7:00, 10, 1, 4, 7. Of course trying to pay attention to the amount of protein, veggies, wheat as opposed to white, all of the usual guidelines people suggest for being healthy.
t was interesting because my body adjusted pretty quickly, and after 3 hours, I would find myself getting really hungry, but the small amount of food would fill me up pretty well. At least a bit of protein with each of these meals would be a good idea. I understand it's probably really difficult for those of you with kids and meal planning for your family, or working at a school, so it may just not work, but in any case, I would definitely suggest snacking through the day - a piece of fruit, a handful of almonds, so your body is never aching for food. You'll find yourself craving less bad stuff and your body will use the food as proper energy.
Like I said - I haven't even tried doing this for years, but maybe I'll try again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After writing this, I feel like I should openly admit right now that we have a pizza on the way.
Post a Comment