I just got home from doing a 45 minute walk. I felt really good after...and I had a turkey sandwich on a wheat wrap with lettuce, tomato and mustard today, plus a handful of peanuts and water. How the heck do I get rid of this chocolate craving?? Any suggestions??
I think finding other things to do helps - like things with your hands - like knitting or sorting through clothes or something. Anything but sitting around. But that's just me.
i agree with deb that doing something and keeping busy helps with the chocolate cravings. if you really CANNOT resist, try to find a low-fat chocolate alternative. hot chocolate is my favorite. not the best thing for you, but also not the worst. especially as far as chocolate goes - it's mostly sugar and is low in fat, and it certainly takes care of the craving.
Oh and one other suggestion - if you don't have chocolate available, you can't eat it. So what I do (when I'm good) is not keep any of it in my house. It definitely cuts down on the binging (which is what I do). There have been times when I've made the emergency trip to 7/11 but usually I give up and have something else or just drink some water and do something. Last night after putting the kids to bed after a rather challenging day, I contemplated having some of Eli's Halloween candy but ran instead and I was psyched that I chose that. It's tough though!
6 comments:
I think finding other things to do helps - like things with your hands - like knitting or sorting through clothes or something. Anything but sitting around. But that's just me.
Good job on the walk, by the way!
i agree with deb that doing something and keeping busy helps with the chocolate cravings. if you really CANNOT resist, try to find a low-fat chocolate alternative. hot chocolate is my favorite. not the best thing for you, but also not the worst. especially as far as chocolate goes - it's mostly sugar and is low in fat, and it certainly takes care of the craving.
Oh and one other suggestion - if you don't have chocolate available, you can't eat it. So what I do (when I'm good) is not keep any of it in my house. It definitely cuts down on the binging (which is what I do). There have been times when I've made the emergency trip to 7/11 but usually I give up and have something else or just drink some water and do something. Last night after putting the kids to bed after a rather challenging day, I contemplated having some of Eli's Halloween candy but ran instead and I was psyched that I chose that. It's tough though!
Amanda, what kind of scandalous stuff was in the post that you removed??? oh, la, la... crazy blogger!
Post a Comment